Anyway, here is my first ever meme!
1. Have you ever been on TV?-- Yes many times. I was featured in Tampax ad, Nivea skin care ad and coca cola ad in which the woman was swept off her feet by a hunk....honestly, NEVER. *sigh sigh*
2. Have you ever sung in public?-- Yes, I was crazy about singing and secretly hoping that I would be discovered at an early age. I sang in my high school singing contest. To my disappointment, I got consolation prize only. From then on, I've never sung again, in public.
3. Have you ever dyed your hair blond?-- Yes, not completely blond but with blond highlight. Having dark hair is boring. No offence to dark haired readers.
4. Have you ever eaten frogs' legs?-- Yes, but not so keen on it. There's not much to eat anyway. I prefer chicken legs.
5. Have you ever received a present that you really hated?-- Oh yes! When I was working for a US investment bank, every X'mas we were given a small gift. It could be a classical music CD or a gift voucher of a local book store. During one particular X'mas, the firm wanted to please a client so badly that it bought lots of books published by the client. Didn't know what to do with the purchase, the firm gave us the books as X'mas presents. I then passed my copy to my mom in law - it's a hard back thick as hell business book written in German! I wonder if she's finished reading it.
6. Have you ever walked into a lamp post?-- Oh no. This is because I've been trained to be very careful with lamp post. Once I was in Bangkok on a busy main road, I saw a middle aged man blowing his nose while waiting for the traffic to stop. He then caught the snot with his right hand and conveniently smeared all of it on the lamp post nearby. From then on, I've been very careful with lamp post. I never go near it. Never touch it.
7. Have you ever cooked a meal by yourself for more than 15 people?-- Never. The most is for 6 people. If I have to do so I'll call my sister. I heard she could easily cook for the whole village!
8. Have you ever fallen or stumbled in front of others?-- Yes, in Davos during my first skiing lesson. I was going downhill (a gentle slope) and I was screaming, "Get out of my way! I'm coming! I'm coming!" Another incident happened after I finished high school. I was a language teacher teaching Primary 6 kids Bahasa Malaysia and English. This school was quite peculiar. In each classroom it had raised platform for teacher to give lecture. With my formal office attire and high heels on, I was oblivious with my surrounding while teaching passionately about English grammar. Suddenly BOING I was out of the platform and landed on the floor. But funny enough, nobody dared to laugh. So I told the class, " That's strange. If it'd happened to my teacher, I'd have been the first one to laugh!". Only then the kids laughed out loud as if it was really funny to find me on the floor.
9. Have you ever done volunteer work?-- Let me see. Not that I know of. When I worked for a bank in Switzerland, every year before X'mas the bank would arrange for some old folks to come into the office on a weekend to make use of free phone calls. They were encouraged to dial to whatever countries that their hearts desired. I'd always agree to turn up to assist them but without fail, I'd fail to turn up! So the answer is NO. I've never done volunteer work.
Now I'm going to tag Uncle Lee, ShuLing, Jade, Lynne and Lin. I hope you guys would join in the fun....:-)